This section will describe how to setup a Veloren server. For how to set up a server on a Raspberry Pi, read Hosting on the Raspberry Pi.
Setup local game server[edit | edit source]
If you want to play with your friends and do not have a dedicated server follow these instructions.
Note: You will need access to the router and knowledge about port forwarding.
- Port forward 14004 on your router.
- Launch game server
- Check Airshipper section to find out where the files are or download Nightly from the website.
- Give out your IP
- Optionally disable authentication by replacing
- Enjoy the game!
Setup dedicated game server[edit | edit source]
If you want to run a dedicated Veloren server 24/7 follow this.
Note: You will need access to the server, docker, docker-compose installed and we assume general command line and docker-compose knowledge.
- Create folder /opt/veloren-server (feel free to name it differently).
- Copy docker-compose.yml from the repository into the folder.
- If needed open port 14004 (14005 for metrics) in your firewall.
- Start it
- Run docker-compose up -d as root.
- View logs with sudo docker logs veloren-game-server-master.
- You are done!
Note: This will automatically keep the game server updated to the latest nightly release.